Wednesday, September 27, 2006

UGLY ATONAL EIGHTIES SERIES #7: Flipper

Blowin' Chunks
ROIR



In all that I can't believe that I forgot to post any Flipper, the band that may have spawned the genre in the first place. The Butthole Surfers have long stated this Bay Area band as a major influence. Poison 13's fuzzed and out of tune guitars sound like Flipper on a good day.
I can't really explain the oversight, or how I managed to ransack my CD shelf and skip over both this and Sex Bomb Baby, another great Flipper LP.
This one wins out because it's live presentation is even more menacing and fucked up than anything else they've recorded and also contains my favorite song 'Life' ("the only thing worth living for...").
Snap it up, Chuck.

Get it?
Re-upped 10/12

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! You Rule!

Sex Bomb Baby...

Sex Bomb Baby...

11:00 AM  
Blogger Joe Infurnari said...

I second that! I'd love to see Sex Bomb Baby up here!

5:31 PM  
Blogger cuddlefish said...

Thanks for the Flipper uploads! I have not heard these in years.
Unfortunately, "Shed No Tears" is missing on this disc :(

7:34 AM  
Blogger Chardman said...

Hmmm...
Weird.
I sadly no longer have that disc, but dug it out of a hard drive. I wonder where that song went.
\Sorry.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS for Flipper!!!
Yeah, "Sex Bomb Baby" would be nice!!!
TommyGun.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home