Sunday, September 24, 2006

Problems Unzipping?

I've gotten two or three meassages from folks who haven't been able to unzip the last couple of downloads from me.
Is this happening to many people? I doubt it.
87 people downloaded the Butthole Surfers Rembrandt Pussyhorse, and two people replied, if only to say that they couldn't get them unzipped. I don't often download mine to see if they are OK, but when I do, they are alright and I end up having to wait an hour to download something else.
I have updated my zip utility - Stuffit, which has been prompting me to update for a week or so - but I don't think that's it.
Anybody hear of some Mac/Stuffit vs PC/Winzip incompatibilty issue?

If you've been successful at unzipping files from me recently, give me a shout-out.
If you continue to have problems, let me know.
Assuming that the majority isn't having any problems, I'm not sure what I can do.
I am open to suggestions....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one of the 87, my unzipping also didn't work with a message saying the files were blocked. All your other uploads worked okay with me. I hope this helps.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Chardman said...

Damnation!
I will re-up that album later on and see if that helps.
I will try to download the original of a PC (oh how I suffer for my viewers!) to see if it happens to me.
Sorry folks!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, i also had probs with the b'hole surfers file

4:15 PM  
Blogger Chardman said...

http://rapidshare.de/files/34475665/bh_rembrandt.zip

That ought to do it.
If it doesn't, I don't know.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried it again and the same message 'file blocked to protect your computer' I tried to unblock but it won't work with a zipped file.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I clicked "repair archive" function on WinRar and it worked for me, I was able to extract the files from the repaired .zip, yes as you might have guessed, on a pc...

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home