Thursday, August 17, 2006

Marc Ribot & Los Cubanos Postizos

¡Muy Divertido!
Atlantic



The second album from Ribot and his Prosthetic Cubans relies less on material from Arsenio Rodriguez and includes more originals done in classic Cuban style, save for some crazy instrumental diversions. Los Lomas De New Jersey tells a tale of longing for one's homeland, which Ribot helpfully translates for us. Marc's guitar is on fire on several tracks here, as is Anthony Coleman's Hammond organ. This is a very intense, upbeat record.
Muy Divertido - indeed!

Marc Ribot & Los Cubanos Postizos
(re-upped 11/4/06)

Thanks to C'est La Merde for prompting me to put this up; I was stuck as to what to put up next!

6 Comments:

Blogger Moutardex said...

oh thanks very much!
it's a very great post!
i have just a video of Postizos but on vhs..
i have Spiritual Unity with Campbell, Grimes, Ribot and Taylor. it's very loud and free. (and free for you on my blog today!)
..i would like re-listen Shrek too! do you know it? do you have it?

12:58 AM  
Blogger Moutardex said...

go there: http://chibisangst.multiply.com/
i don't if you like masada but there is here the last Masada Live ("507"). A very good one!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Chardman said...

I always think the same thing about other people's blogs!
I'm always pleasantly surprised that there are folks out there that like the same stuff I do and am also grateful for the musical education I get from other's shares, including yours, Moogster!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Nando40 said...

Hey chardman, great blog you have man... thanks for the visit..

I linked your blog on hangover hard..do the same, please..

Regards and keep this awsome work..

7:12 PM  
Blogger Chardman said...

Me too.
I wish I had the first one!
Anybody out there got it?

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

could u send me this album? please!!!
z_mic@wp.pl

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home