Monday, July 24, 2006

Goran Bregović

Tales and Songs from Weddings and Funerals
Universal International



Details are sketchy on this one. It's listed as a soundtrack, but I don't have any information on the film it says it's from. Any ideas?
However, fans of the earlier posted Underground soundtrack will no doubt enjoy this album as it is in a very similar vein, with lots of traditional Balkan sounding music and Roma-style Gypsy brass and Croatian vocals.
I think I bought this off of a Russian pay site a while ago, and noticed that the bitrate is 128, but sounds fine to me.

Check it out

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

C: Thanks for this one. He was in our state earlier this month. Had I known, I would have waited to see him, to be sure. Then, too late again, he recently was in Chicago, a mere 3 hr drive, alas, too late. Must keep my eyes peeled. He seems to get around and plays just about everything ; )
Cheers!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Chardman said...

You're most welcome.
I often find out about shows too late.
Some great shows don't get very well publicized in our little Alt-weekly.
I'd really love to see Bregovic. We have a big Bosnian/former Yugoslav community where I live, so who knows?

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home